What if I’m physically unable to get my recycling and garbage carts to the curb?
The City provides “carry-out” service for residents who are unable to get their garbage and recycling carts to the curb due to a temporary or permanent disability. In order to be eligible for this service, you must meet the following criteria:
• There is no one else living in your household or employed by you who is capable of getting the garbage and recycling carts to the curb

• A physician or optometrist will certify that your disability prevents you from transferring the garbage/recycling to the curb

If you meet the criteria, you’ll need to fill out a service application form (below) and return it to: City of Greenville Public Works, 360 S. Hudson Street, Greenville, SC 29601.
Carry-Out Service Request Form

Show All Answers

1. When do I get my new roll cart?
2. Is there a fee for the new cart?
3. Can I start using my new cart right away?
4. Will my pickup day change?
5. What about holidays?
6. Can I still use my old green recycling bin?
7. What if I don’t want to keep my old bin?
8. What if all my recyclables won’t fit inside the roll cart?
9. What if my new cart gets stolen or damaged?
10. When/how should I put my cart out?
11. Why do I have to place my carts so far away from each other?
12. What items can go in my new cart?
13. What items cannot go in my new cart?
14. What if I’m physically unable to get my recycling and garbage carts to the curb?
15. How can I encourage my neighbors to recycle?
16. Can I recycle if I live in an apartment/townhouse complex?
17. What if my school or small business wants to recycle?
18. Why did the City decide to issue all residents roll carts?
19. Why was the 95-gallon cart determined as the standard size for recycling?
20. How do I request a different size cart?
21. What if the cart is too big?
22. Will I be charged for a damaged roll cart?
23. Is automated collection safer than manual?