A PARK FOR ALL OF US
The Auro Bridge will span the Reedy River near the center point of the park.
Made of weathered steel, the Auro Bridge will be constructed on-site, as specially trained crews suspended on cables work from both sides of the river.
Two pedestrian bridges near Mayberry and Hudson streets will allow for efficient cross-river access.
The restored river will include a terraced bank to help manage water flow, along with natural vegetation and grassy areas to combat erosion.
The 9-acre Michelin Green will welcome visitors to the park.
Covered picnic shelters will provide places for family and friends to gather.
Using natural features in open spaces will draw families and encourage creative play.
The 4,100-square-foot Greenville Water Splashground will be a source of pure summer joy for park visitors.
We broke ground on Unity Park in July 2020. The park Will open in the spring of 2022.
- Restoration of a half-mile section of the Reedy River and adjacent wetlands, including a wetlands classroom funded by Duke Energy Foundation
- Preservation and renovation of Mayberry Field, the historic park built by the City in the 1920s for African-American children during a time of segregation, sponsored by Craig and Vicky Brown
- Michelin Green, an expansive 9-acre green space that serves as Unity Park's front door
- Four playgrounds, including the 4,100-square-foot Greenville Water Splashground and the SYNNEX Share the Magic Playground
- A Visitors Center featuring a welcome center, gallery space and flexible assembly space
- The Auro Bridge, a custom-designed wooden pedestrian bridge spanning the Reedy River in the center of the park
- Meadowbrook Green, named for the historic Meadowbrook Park built on this site in 1938
- An extension of the Swamp Rabbit Trail as well as a network of walking paths
- The Lila Mae Brock Plaza, funded by Verizon and Fluor Corporation, in honor of a beloved leader of the Southernside neighborhood who dedicated her life to feeding the hungry and helping the underserved in our community